Monday, June 9, 2008

The Next US president

Being an Indian citizen, I always look for what is good for India and living in the USA and being a keen observer, I will also look at what is good for America. Sometimes what is good for India is good for US but not always. Bush was good for India, so will be McCain. Bill was bad for India, so will be Obama. If you want an indication, from today onwards look for how many times, Obama uses the following words in his speeches in a good way, India and Bangalore.

Obama will be good for America, McCain would not be. I interact with lot of republicans and democrats on a daily basis, when politics makes its way in the discussions all I hear from republicans is how obama's faith can be an issue and how obama's color might be an issue for him to get elected. When I talk to many democrats I always hear about losing jobs, disparity between rich and poor, Iraq war, gas price and so on and so forth.

Now many republicans believe that the party cannot win if they fight on the basis of performance of the Bush administration, ala state of the economy and Iraq war, so lets talk about Obama being a convert (a former muslim), a black candidate and how far away he is from conservative values.

One of the ludicrous things I ever heard is how obama is vulnerable to being assassinated, why because many maniacs live in this country. All assassinations do is make bad people good, good people great and great people Gods. So republicans should pray for Obama's victory and hope he screws up, maybe then republicans will command the white house for next 20-30 years.

Anyway I am here to say that Barack Obama will be the next president of United States. Why? its simple, He is Black ( so all blacks will vote for him ), He is young ( many women will vote for him ) He can talk ( many liberals would vote for him ) he is a democrat ( many blue collar workers will vote for him ) He is young ( many youngsters will vote for him ) He is a convert ( many converts will vote for him ). The only thing standing in between Obama and the oval office are Hispanics. What can he do for brown? from now and November will decide this race.

Three years ago, at a casual business dinner, we were talking about the next US president, ala Hillary Clinton. I made a statement back then that Hillary might not even be a presidential nominee. This became the truth this last weekend. Back then I did not make any calculations or had any inside knowledge of anything including obama. I was basing my conclusion on one simple fact and my experiences in America. The fact was good enough for me to say what I said back then. The fact is men usually do not like being dominated by women and alarmingly many woman do not like other women. There is a bigger struggle between women than it is visible. If Hillary cannot get the full support from women, she never had a chance and that was the case here. Sorry Hillary, you would not have been that bad of a president.

I will conclude by saying a Obama - Hillary Candidacy will seal the deal and there is a high probability for this to happen, just wait and see.

No comments: